- The federal electorate of Moncrieff is located in the heart of the Gold Coast –and is known as Australia’s tourism and small business capital or the ‘home of the entrepreneurial spirit’.
- Moncrieff takes in the sun, sand and surf from Miami to The Spit, and provides a gateway to the hinterland through the western suburbs of Nerang, Highland Park and Worongary.
- The main suburbs that make up Moncrieff include Ashmore, Benowa, Broadbeach, Broadbeach Waters, Bundall, Carrara, Highland Park, Main Beach, Mermaid Beach, Mermaid Waters, Merrimac, Miami, Molendinar, Nerang, Sorrento, Southport and Surfers Paradise.
- The Moncrieff electorate is named after light opera singer Gladys Moncrieff know as ‘our Glad’ who was born in Bundaberg. Gladys was a strong advocate for the arts and tourism industries and settled on the Isle of Capri in Moncrieff in her latter years. The suburb of Moncrieff in Canberra is also named after Gladys Moncrieff.
- There have been three Federal Members for Moncrieff. Hon Kathy (Kate) Sullivan AM 1984-2001 (Liberal Senator 1974-1984), Hon Steven Ciobo 2001-2019 and Angie Bell MP 2019-present.