Angie Bell MP
To the good people of Moncrieff,
Throughout this pandemic, my office hours have not changed. The flag is still flying on Chevron Island and the door remains open. I would like to reassure you that I am here to serve our community.
I know there are many families and businesses doing it tough and I am committed to our key industries of tourism, events, small business, education and construction, to provide extra assistance and leadership during this challenging time.
Along with federal government support to those affected by COVID-19 and a laser like focus on job creation, we will rebuild the heart of our beautiful city and we will once again grow and prosper.
I encourage everyone to download the COVIDSafe App, abide by social distancing and wash your hands regularly. Thank you for the sacrifices you continue to make to keep our community safe.
My warmest regards,
Angie Bell MP
Federal Member for Moncrieff
Angie Bell on Facebook
Scott Morrison (ScoMo)
The situation we’ve been facing with aged care, particularly in Victoria in recent days and weeks, is incredibly distressing.
I want to assure those families, and indeed all Australians, our focus is firmly on fixing the problem and keeping Australians safe. We are taking action to address the issues, including:
1. Stood up the Victorian Aged Care Response Centre, led by Joe Buffone, to stay on top of, and ahead of, any potential outbreaks that emerge in those facilities.
2. Ensuring better communication with families of residents in affected facilities.
3. Isolating staff in facilities that have infections and moving as quickly as possible to get replacement staff in, including deploying ADF nurses, to help limit the spread of the virus.
4. Transferring patients with the virus out of aged care facilities into both public and private hospitals.
5. Deploying AUSMAT teams to act as first responders in facilities that are in critical response.
6. Ensuring aged care facilities across Melbourne and their staff are compliant with infection control procedures.
The challenges of dealing with aged care during this pandemic are complex and not unique to Australia. The cause for transmission into aged care facilities has primarily come through the infection of staff, more broadly in the community, who in many cases were unaware they had the virus, and by the time they became aware, had been at work. That’s why it’s so important if you feel sick at all, please stay home and get tested.
We are continuing to work together with the Victorian Government to ensure we're doing everything we can to address this heartbreaking situation and will continue to provide updates over the coming days.
Do You Have Questions About the COVIDSafe App?
Free Coronavirus Mental Health and Well-being Support Service
Helpline For Businesses Impacted By Coronavirus
Coronavirus Health Information Line
Keep informed on issues, events and announcements happening in the Moncrieff Electorate.
: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/angiebell/public/wp-content/plugins/feed-them-social/feeds/instagram/class-fts-instagram-feed.php
on line 539