The Gold Coast is one of Australia’s fastest growing and dynamic cities. According to the ABS it is projected to be home to more than 1.2 million by 2050. This rapid growth presents challenges, I have been pleased to work with my Morrison Government colleagues, including the Deputy Prime Minister to deliver vital infrastructure for our city, which includes:
- Funding for Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 3A, which will go from Pacific Fair in Broadbeach all the way to iconic Burleigh Heads—6.7 kilometres of transport infrastructure that residents and visitors alike will be able to enjoy as they board and ride all the way from Burleigh to Helensvale and then interchange to heavy rail and travel to Brisbane and its airport
- $46 million has been brought forward for the M1 Pacific Motorway upgrades, which affects all those who travel to and from Brisbane and Tweed Heads.
- We have invested in upgrades between Varsity Lakes and Tugun. This includes upgrading the existing four lane motorway to six lanes.
- The Coalition Government has invested more than $1.7 billion into the M1.
- We have also committed $10 million towards a business case for the Coomera Connector.