2 Sep | '2021

$600m Business and Tourism Support Package

Recently, the Morrison Government, in conjunction with the Queensland government, announced a $600 million support package to assist businesses and the tourism sector which have been suffering due to state imposed lockdowns. I extend my thanks to Gold Coast industry leaders and, in particular, to Moncrieff City Heart Taskforce (CHT) members, who provided valuable insights […]

23 Aug | '2021

Honouring Afghanistan Veterans-Garth Callender & Jesse Bird

In this last week, we’ve seen tragic scenes in Afghanistan, and the people of that country now face the uncertainty of Taliban rule. My thoughts and prayers are with them at this time. I wish to honour all ADF members, those who served in Afghanistan, and the families of the 41 Australian lives lost in […]

9 Aug | '2021

Mermaid Beach CWA Visit

Last month I enjoyed my second visit to the Country Women’s Association(CWA) Mermaid Beach  Branch for their 60th annual meeting, albeit masked. At the meeting I had the opportunity to share updates regarding the vaccine rollout. Most of the women had already received their first dose of the vaccine, which was fantastic to hear. In […]

5 Aug | '2021

2032 SEQ Olympics Bid Won!

I congratulate all the Olympic athletes and medallists who have done us proud at the Tokyo Olympics. Special Moncrieff congratulations go to Chelsea Hodges, who won gold in the 4 x 100 medley relay and Cameron McEvoy for his bronze medal in the mixed 4 x 100 medley relay. I also congratulate Gold Coasters Emma […]

4 Aug | '2021

Nerang Community Centre Visit

Last week I had the great pleasure of visiting the Nerang Visitor Information Centre and art gallery in my electorate of Moncrieff. Both are run entirely by the selfless volunteers of the Nerang Community Association. The Nerang Visitor Information Centre is located inside Ceramic House, which is a beautiful heritage home built in 1919 […]

4 Aug | '2021

CHT Column-Events

Gold Coast Bulletin 31 July 2021

‘I would like to thank Federal Member Angie Bell for the support she has given MEGC in our first year in supporting our federal funding applications and in particular supporting Surfers Paradise.’ Jan McCormick CEO, MEGC

20 Jul | '2021

Angie Meets Regularly with Moncrieff Community Cabinet

The Moncrieff Community Cabinet was formed by Angie Bell MP as a response to the Covid-19 pandemic in March 2020. The Member for Moncrieff said, “This is a group of dedicated individuals and leaders from across cultures and faith organisations who are at the front line of support for our local central Gold Coast community. […]

10 Jul | '2021

CHT Column-Education

Gold Coast Bulletin July 10 2021

‘While we continue to prioritise the safety of our communities, Study Gold Coast is working closely with the City Heart Taskforce to ensure the future for our city. Eighteen months on since the virus first emerged, the world is a very different place, but we know we have the capabilities to address the unforseen challenges ahead. We are ready and waiting to meet them head on.’ Hon Rob Borbidge AO, Chair Study Gold Coast and former Qld Premier.