28 Mar | '2023

Surf Life Saving Queensland Aviation Awards

I was honoured to attend the Surf Life Saving Queensland aviation awards in Carrara, where I presented the national medals to Paul Gibson, David O’Brien and Kurt Brumley. The national medal is Australia’s most awarded civilian medal. It recognises long and diligent service by members of recognised government and voluntary organisations who risk their lives […]

22 Mar | '2023

2023 School Leaders

I’ve been very busy visiting local schools to present the 2023 school leaders certificates and to engage on the topic of leadership. Thanks to Mr Cross and the student leaders from Miami State High School for inviting me to your investiture ceremony. It was a proud moment for all of you to be presented with […]

9 Feb | '2023

Matthew Schneider

Last week, I attended the funeral of much-loved Gold Coast son Matthew Schneider, where over 2,000 people from his family, his church community and the Gold Coast community gathered at the Apostolic Church of Queensland in Hatton Vale to mourn his passing and celebrate his life achievements. On behalf of my community, I send deepest […]

22 Nov | '2022

Poem – Mental Health

Mental Health Sitting in the corner Not knowing what is going to come next Will it be my fear? or my concerns? Why is it never my dreams? My happy place? Does it always have to be worried and bad times Something good would be nice for a change Treacherous thoughts running through my head […]

22 Nov | '2022

Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Avenue and Woodland Walk

Last week I attended the official launch of the Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Avenue and Woodland Walk at the beautiful Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens. I visited several times this year, and last time I was honoured to plant the inaugural tree for the woodland walk. I’m proud to say that, even though local […]

27 Sep | '2022

Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens

On Tuesday 30 August I visited the Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens, where I had the pleasure of launching the Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Avenue and Woodland Walk. This project wouldn’t have been possible without $18,215 in funding under the Planting Trees for the Queen’s Jubilee program, a coalition government initiative, and the dedicated […]

3 Aug | '2022

Burleigh Community Men’s Shed

I am pleased to rise to talk about the fellas at Burleigh Community Men’s Shed in Miami. I joined them on 7 July, just last month, for morning tea. As we know, men’s shed plays a really important role in mental health outcomes for our community, and I thank the fellas there at Burleigh men’s […]

2 Dec | '2021

2021 Reimagine 2.0 insights Report Speech

Today marks the release of the 2021 Reimagine Gold Coast Insights Report- the second publication since the pandemic hit. As Chair of the CHT, I convened Reimagine 2.0 in September this year to bring together Industry leaders to plan for the year ahead and beyond for Jobs, Skills and Industry on the Gold Coast. I […]

2 Dec | '2021

Reimagine Gold Coast 2.0 Insights Report Released

The City Heart Taskforce, chaired by Moncrieff MP Angie Bell, releases it’s second Insights Report from Reimagine 2.0 Jobs, Skills and Industry forum 2021, held at the Island in Surfers Paradise. Click on the report to download free.

29 Nov | '2021

Merry Christmas 2019 & Happy New Year to Moncrieff

2021 has been a challenging year for many Madam DS. I take this opportunity in the last sitting week of 2021 to wish all in my electorate of Moncrieff, a Happy Christmas and a bigger, better and safer new year in 2022. Its Queenslanders who have done the heavy lifting to reach almost 80% double […]